Monday 16 March 2015

Date in the diary

The March weather might not have been as spring-like as we'd have wished, but it didn't matter in the slightest, as inside Weetwood Hall, Leeds, the welcome was wonderfully warm.

Yes, I'm back from my 'Relax and Write' writing retreat and already I'm missing the peace and quiet, the camaraderie and the excellent food.  Most of all, though, I'm missing the time to write, for as soon as you return to your normal routine, this time goes out of the window, as the usual everyday things get in the way.

A retreat means just that.  It's a chance to escape from the stresses of modern life - the cooking, the laundry, and the cleaning - and just concentrate on what you want to do.  Of course, if I'd wanted, I could have sat and read my Kindle for the whole weekend, but because I was surrounded by supportive, like-minded people who also wanted to advance their craft, I felt inspired to do the same.

This weekend also took my mind off something that was pencilled in the diary for today, and this was take our son for his first CT scan after he was given the all clear on the 29 December last year.  This is something we, as his parents (and he) will have to get used to over the next ten years, as we work our lives around these three times a year visits.  He has blood tests tomorrow, and then an appointment with the Oncologist next month, where hopefully we will be told that all is still well.  I think I mentioned on an earlier blog that his TC was caught early, and as it is one of the most treatable cancers, I feel he has been incredibly lucky.

The strange thing is, as I was gazing out of the bedroom window this morning, a couple of pure, white feathers floated down in front of me. They came from nowhere, and as I absolutely believe in angels, I'd like to think they were a sign that his guardian angels - my mum and my mother-in-law, Margaret, are keeping an eye on him.



Happy Mother's Day you two - missed you loads yesterday.

Until next time.

Kim x





No comments:

Post a Comment