Monday 30 March 2015

Such a perfect day



Yesterday, we had the honour of being wedding guests at the long-awaited wedding of my niece held at a gorgeous venue near Keighley, West Yorkshire.

East Riddlesden Hall


My niece is a very talented Fine Arts graduate and so decided to make her own bouquet, the buttonholes, and the bridesmaids' posies herself.  What you probably can't make out from this photograph though is that they are all made from buttons!  How original is that?  They're off on their mini-moon tomorrow (main honeymoon later in the year) and I hope they have a fabulous time and a great future together.

Yesterday, when this young couple promised the rest of their life to each other,  I was listening to the words they had chosen to say,  and at the same time stealing a glance at the other guests surrounding me.  Without fail, the expressions on their faces held the clue as to what they were thinking.

For those of us who are already married, you can't help but do this.  You can't help but look at the  person at your side and remember your own wedding day, however long ago that was.

I have never forgotten how it felt to stand there in front of a large group of family and friends with my teeth chattering with nerves, my legs feeling like jelly and my heart beating with love.  And the best feeling of all?  When you walk back down the aisle with a huge smile on your face, hand in hand, knowing it's all over and you're married to the man of your dreams.


Until next time.

Kim x












No comments:

Post a Comment