Monday 19 March 2018

I promise to be better.



It's as if the gremlins have got into the system, as my last blog shows my lovely New Year table, but the actual date on the blog reads the 14 February! Hmm …

Anyway, I thought it was high time I got organised, and told you what I’d been up to since my last blog. So, what have I been doing? Well ...

  1. I’ve entered the #TheGreatBritishWriteOff with Harper Impulse.
  2. I prepared for, and attended Kate Walker’s Advanced writing course at Fishguard, Wales for the third time, and had a fabulous time.
  3. I’ve entered the Good Housekeeping novel competition.
  4. I’ve submitted a manuscript to the RNA New Writers’ Scheme.
  5. I’ve completely re-planned my latest book, after going completely wrong with it. Huge thanks to my friend, Vasiliki Scurfield, for opening my eyes to The Snowflake method.
  6. I've now written the first chapter of said book.
It looks a lot. Well, I think it does. Especially as during that time I celebrated a major birthday (a week of celebrations) and then had a couple of health issues which, thankfully, were okay.

Taken at 7.00 am. View from Fishguard Hotel

The Fishguard Hotel
And, although icy cold at Fishguard back in February, the weather was spectacular! I managed to get my steps in before breakfast on all three mornings, which was good because I'm sure I came back five pounds heavier! What a beautiful place it is. We are looked after so well by all the staff there, and if you ever get the chance to go, I'd highly recommend it.

The next job on my to-do list is to book my place at the RNA Conference at Leeds Trinity university in July. I've booked the day off work, so now I just need to fill in the form. 

And as for updating my blog, I promise I'll be better.

Until next time

Kim xx

2 comments:

  1. You have been productive as well as updating this blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ros! Let's hope some of it pays dividends! x

      Delete