Monday 13 August 2018

August celebrations

August is living up to everything I'd thought it would be. Busy.

I sent my finished book My Lawyer, My Love to two of my sisters for their honest opinion. Anyway, from the comments they gave me, they rather liked it, so I will be sending that off to M&B just as soon as I can.




Last weekend saw us speeding down to London to visit DH's brother and his wife. They now live in Hampstead with their family, so Saturday saw the nine of us ambling around the vicinity, where we got plenty of fresh air in our lungs and when we could get our breath back from clambering up the hills, chatted lots. Luckily, I'd taken my trainers, but then I tend to live in trainers these days. Is that becoming of a woman of 60?

We had a great time - the weekend passed quickly - and as a treat we'd booked first class on the train. The return journey's refreshments weren't quite as delicious as the ones we got given on Friday evening, when we were also plied with alcohol, but we certainly didn't go hungry, and it saved us having to trudge along to the shop in coach C being thrown hither and dither by the Virgin pendolino. Going to the toilet was bad enough, I can tell you.

And whilst this may sound exceptionally greedy, in a few days time we're off to Minorca for a week in the sun. Whilst out there DH celebrates a very significant birthday. We'll also be celebrating said birthday in advance this Saturday evening when the six of us go out for a meal. Looking forward to that.

Last but not least, on the 31st youngest DS gets the results of his accountancy exams - three long years of hard work finished at last.

So, it's all go, it seems, and just in case you thought I'd been sitting around doing nothing in-between, I've made a start on planning my new book. No title as yet, but this time my hero is Greek and if I do say so myself, more than a little handsome.

See you in September.

Until next time

Kim x


















2 comments:

  1. Good to read your news as well, Kim. Wishing you lots of luck with your M&B submission. I like the sound of it myself! I hope you had a good time and a good celebration in Menorca as well. You sound like you're keeping yourself very busy too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie! M&B are a hard nut to crack, but I keep persevering. We're off again to Menorca in October. This is our annual holiday and the other week was a little treat due to the fact that we've both turned sixty this year. Getting older! You take care of yourself xx

      Delete