Monday 6 August 2018

No more food. PLEASE.

I had a very busy weekend. Not that every weekend isn't busy in some way, but I felt this particular one was especially so.

AND FILLED WITH FOOD.

Saturday started off with a belly-busting breakfast for me and DH. It was so big and so filling I had to pass on the toast and hash-browns. No, really, I did.


Saturday afternoon found me at the cinema in Bolton. Oh, how those places have changed since I was a girl! Number One cinema where my son had booked tickets has only plush, reclining, push-button electric seats with a foot-rest that you adjust to your requirements. As I lay there in luxury still replete from my breakfast, not one of the Maltesers or Revels offered to me passed my lips. Well, maybe just one.

When we got home to the sight of a freshly lit barbecue fired up by DH my eyes lit up too. And, yes, this is the same man who had taken me for the belly-busting breakfast earlier.

Chicken, Pork, Sausages all lay prepared, ready to be thrown on the barbecue, with new potatoes, fresh bread, salads, coleslaw, etc etc to accompany the meat.

Phew.

Sunday morning came, and now ravenously hungry, we booked Sunday lunch in the cosy little gastro-pub just around the corner. Youngest son was out walking in the hills with his girlfriend, so it was just me, DH and eldest son. His girlfriend had been invited to a colleague's wedding and from her pictures on Instagram, there was plenty of food on offer there, too.

We'd talked about what we were going to have, and that surely we couldn't fit anything large in our tummies after the orgy of eating over the weekend, so then why did we find ourselves ordering our favourite dish - steamed steak suet pudding with chips and mushy peas?

Believe me we've eaten this many times. It is simply not possible to eat this main course having had a starter first, because we've tried.

So we were very good, or so we thought - we ordered our main course only. Whilst eldest son (who has a huge appetite) was tucking into some other three course menu, we struggled with the pudding. And struggled.

But we managed. We came out on top, and almost managed to finish, which is why it is now 10.30 pm on Sunday evening and not another morsel has touched my lips.

Bread and water all this week. It has to be. Although I could need sustenance whilst planning my new novel, I reckon.

Until next time

Kim xx






2 comments:

  1. Oh, that fried breakfast looks scrummy, one of the things I miss most since I became a vegan :( Congrats on finishing your recent WIP, Kim, and sustenance is definitely in order when planning a new novel! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melissa. The fact that I never stopped eating all weekend has not stopped me this week so far :-( Hope your writing is going well and see you soon xx

      Delete